Anch’ioSegnalo is a APP available for iOS, Android and Windows devices that allows citizens to send alerts about dangerous situations around them (within the Sicilian territory) directly to the Control Room of the Civil Protection of the Sicilian Region. The Control Room will receive the alerts on the GECoS platform, so to check their reliability and evaluate the need to intervene. Anch’ioSegnalo has been developed on the basis of m-Jixel for the Regional Civil Protecton Department of Sicilian Region.
How it works
Anch’ioSegnalo in steps: user registration, login, type and sub-type of the event selection, event location, a description, at least a photo and the sending of the alert.
In order to be able to register you need to:
- Allow the App to use GPS location and camera
- Be within the the geographical boundaries of he platform, which include Sicily, minor islands, part of Calabria Region
In order to log in you need to:
- Use as username the email provided when registering
- Be within the Sicilian territory
- Insert the password provided when registering
- Now you can login with your Facebook or Twitter Account!
It is always possible to request a new password if the old one is lost/forgotten.
In order to send an alert you need to:
- Select a type and a sub-type of the event you want to alert about
- Have a working internet connection (better if 3G or LTE since the alert contains at least a photo)
- Provide a description of the event
- Take at least a photo that represents the event
The alerts sent with Anch’ioSegnalo will be considered by the Sicilian Civil Protection – DRPC, which will decide whether to intervene and how. People who send the alerts, could be contacted for further information or for clarifications. Anch’ioSegnalo MUST NOT be used for emergency distress calls and DOES NOT REPLACE emergency calls: in case of imminent danger, citizens should ALWAYS make a call to the emergency numbers. The inappropriate use of Anch’ioSegnalo will be reported to the competent authorities. From February to April 2017 the data, will be used anonymously by the European project EMERGENT (grant agreement no 608352), for usage statistics and effectiveness analysis
Anyway, the user can change the location by moving the mark in the map or by searching a different address.
These two elements are limited within a blue circle centred on the current location of the user.
What happens in the Control Room
The alerts marked with a high quality evaluation will be really important for the enhancement of the performance of the Sicilian Civil Protection system, so you better alert well!